Friday, May 18, 2012

Tooth Fairy Pillow

My 5 year old got into the car at pick up today and said that she had a loose tooth. I almost died. She just turned 5! I'm not ready for such a big milestone. It was my bright idea to give her that apple. I'm hoping that it will stay where it is for a little while longer, but just in case, I wanted to be prepared. I wanted to do something special for the tooth (whenever it decided to fall out) to get her excited about the tooth fairy. I thought that a special pillow to put the tooth in would be perfect. What better than one shaped like a tooth?


My sister's oldest is starting to lose teeth as well, so I though I would make one for her boys as well. :) It was super easy. Here's how it goes....



I started by drawing out a basic tooth shape and a pocket out of white felt and a smile out of black felt.



I used a straight stitch to attach the mouth and used 2 large buttons for the eyes.



I stitched a zigzag along with top of the pocket for accent, then stitched it onto the back of the pillow.


I stitched the 2 sided together with the "wrong" sides together, leaving about 3 inches at the top to fill it, then I stitched up the fill hole.


It turned out better than I thought. I can't wait the show Maddie in the morning. Hope it's a while before we get to test it out. :)

11 comments:

  1. omg these are adorable! New follower from the blog walk :) Have an excellent Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That darn tooth is still wiggling so I have a feeling we will be using it soon.

      Delete
  2. So sweet! You are an awesome Mom and Aunt! :o)

    I am visiting your blog for the first time. I found you through the Mom's Monday Mingle. I look forward to exploring your blog!

    Enjoy your evening!
    K at http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! a great fun idea. hope the tooth faith comes!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop...pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute. New follower from the blog hop
    http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your tooth pillow really takes me back to when my kids were small. I made similar pillows for them. My son's used camoflage fabic and my daughter's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've seen tooth fairy pillows before that are square, but I just imagined our to be quite literally a tooth.

      Delete
  6. OMG this is the cutest thing ever!!

    New follow from the blog hop :) Hope you get a chance to stop by my blog :)

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable. Thanks so much for sharing at our BowdabraBlog.com Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really cute and creative! Thanks so much for linking up! I'm following you now, too!

    ReplyDelete