Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yummy Homemade Steak Fries

Ever have a recipe that was in your regular rotation but after you move you forgot/lost track of it? I'm slowly rediscovering all my go-to recipes from 3 years ago. This one was a particular favorite in our home. I was going to make mashed potatoes for dinner when I realized we were out of cream cheese (yes I put cream cheese in mashed potatoes....YUM!) I was trying to figure out a substitute when this popped in my head. The recipe I use is adapted from the Easy to Bake Easy to Make recipe card for Cajun French Fries.



Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Mediun Russet Potatoes ( 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
2 Teaspoons McCormick Seasoning

It makes enough for 4-6 Servings


1. Preheat oven to 425*F. Drizzle olive oil into a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan. (I use a large baking sheet because I don't have a jelly roll pan)



2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Turn cut side down and slice into thin wedges. Place in prepared pan.



3. Sprinkle potatoes with seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasoning. (This is a great step to have a little helper pitch in. We mix with our hands for the fun of it.)


4. Bake potatoes until fork-tender and golden, 25-30 minutes.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I just bought 2 bags of steaks fries from the frozen section today...I should have caught up on my blog reading before I went. I am totally going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guilty of that too. I hadn't made these in 3 years. I'm slowly trying to get back to more from-scratch foods now that the girls are old enough to entertain each other while I cook.

      Delete